Youth Sports Coach
Season: Winter 2016
Department: Parks & Community Services
Job Site: Tyee Community Gym, 13630 SE Allen Road, Bellevue WA
Reports to: Steve Gonzales, 425-452-4627
Work Environment: Active
Background Check Required: Yes
Youth Sports & Fitness is seeking volunteer coaches for its Winter 2016 basketball leagues. The goal of Youth Sports & Fitness programs is to provide quality programming with responsible leaders so youth have the opportunity to grow and learn. We are a program in which opportunity for participation is provided to all those who enter, regardless of skill and ability. We wish to provide youth with a fun learning experience and the opportunity to develop lifetime sports and fitness skills.
Coach ages 5-6, 7-9 and 10-12 in basketball. Tasks include, but are not limited to, leading practices, teaching fundamentals and communicating with on-site staff and parents of participants.
Basic knowledge of basketball is required. Applicants must be reliable, trustworthy and willing to put forth a good effort.
• Attend mandatory coaches clinic – date and location TBA.
• Arrive 15-20 minutes early to practices and games.
• Have a practice plan (first two weeks of the league).
• Participate in activities with youth.
• Teach basic fundamentals of sport.
• Teach basic rules of sport.
• Coach/Ref all league games.
• Communicate with parents after every practice and game (example: picture date/time, handouts) and on-site staff.
Please download, complete and submit the following to Steve Gonzales at firstname.lastname@example.org . If you have questions, contact Steve via e-mail or 425-452-4627.
- Application paperwork is reviewed and processed.
- Candidates not selected will be notified.
- Applicants selected will be notified via e-mail.
- Selected applicants will receive on-site training and are required to keep a daily record of volunteer hours.
Bellevue provides volunteer opportunities without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, marital status, sexual preference and/or disability.