North Bellevue Community Center Gardener
Last Date to Apply:
VariesNumber of Positions:
Parks & Community Services Season:
Mostly summer, some year-round Job Site: North Bellevue Community Center
Length of Commitment:
Minimum three monthsTraining Required/Provided:
Training and orientation Position Reports to:
Bo Du Age:
OutdoorsState Patrol Check Required:
- Work in the garden and patio area in the Northwest corner of the Community Center grounds.
- Plant, weed, fertilize, water and otherwise maintain a wide variety of perennial and annual plants and shrubs.
- Work with staff, Advisory Board members and other garden volunteers to maintain and enhance garden design and year-round beauty.
- Maximize plant budget by adding donations from individuals and area businesses.
- An interest in gardening
- Able to work independently
- Community spirit
- Willingness to work hard
- Ability to learn new tasks and information
- Friendly and interested in making people feel welcome
- Donation procurement experience helpful but not required
- Opportunity to design and plant a community garden
- Gain and enhance knowledge about gardening through work with Master Gardeners program
- Preparation for future employment
- Possible school credit for community service
- Receive an education about the Bellevue community
- Gain a sense of responsibility
TO APPLY PLEASE SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING:
RETURN APPLICATION MATERIALS TO:
City of Bellevue Parks & Community Services Department
Attn: Bo Du
P.O. Box 90012
Bellevue, WA 98009-9012
FOR QUESTIONS CONTACT:
Bo Du, 425-452-7681 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Darrion Spratley, 425-452-7681 or email email@example.com
- Application paperwork is reviewed and forwarded to appropriate staff based on a match of the position and related qualifications
- Candidates not selected will be notified.
- Qualified applicants will interview with Bo Du.
- Reference checks and Washington State Patrol Background Check will be conducted.
- Applicants selected for volunteer position will be notified and will attend an orientation.
- Selected applicants will receive on-site training and are required to keep a daily record of volunteer hours.
It is the policy of the City of Bellevue Parks & Community Services Department to provide volunteer opportunities without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, marital status, sexual preference, and/or disability.