Role: The Transportation Commission advises the City Council on transportation-related issues. Members are responsible for studies, analyses and reports as required by the Traffic Standards Code or as requested by the City Council. Commissioners review and make recommendations to the Council on topics such as:
- Transportation Facilities Plan (preparation, progress, implementation)
- Changes to the Traffic Standard Code
- Long and short range funding programs for transportation facilities
- Short-term planning studies and implementation programs
- Bikeway/pedestrian planning and implementation programs
- Capital Investment Program and Transportation Improvement Program project prioritization
- Long-range planning, including participation with the Planning Commission in work on amendments to the Comprehensive Plan and subarea plans
The current City Council liaison to the Transportation Commission is Councilmember Kevin Wallace. The Executive Secretary is Kevin McDonald, a senior planner in the Transportation Department.
Members: The Transportation Commission is comprised of seven Bellevue residents who are appointed by the Mayor with the concurrence of the City Council. The terms are four years and expire May 31 of the last year of the term. No one can serve more than two consecutive terms, provided a person appointed to fill an unexpired term of two years or less is eligible to serve two successive four-year terms.
- Janice Zahn, Chair (first term ends 2017)
- Vic Bishop , Vice-Chair (second term ends 2020)
- Clifford Chirls (first term ends 2020)
- Scott Lampe (second term ends 2019)
- Francois Larrivee (second term ends 2017)
- Todd Woosley (first term ends 2019)
Meetings: Regular meetings will be held on the second Thursday of the month, 6:30 p.m., City Hall Conference Room #1E-113, unless otherwise posted. An additional monthly meeting may be needed if the commission's workload warrants, in which case it will be held on the fourth Thursday of the month.