Receive email or text notification when this page is updated
Updated July 22
for the week of July 22-29
CITY TRAFFIC INFORMATION (NOTE: For information on road closures related to ice, snow or flooding, please see the city’s Emergencies and Extreme Weather page)
NEW/UPDATED Traffic Impacts this Week:
- NEW - 148th Ave: Main St to SE 8th St: July 25 through mid-December. Intersection improvements include: new traffic signals, curb ramps, LED street lighting and repaving work. Work hours: 7 a.m. to 6 p.m., Mon. - Fri. and Sat., 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Crew ill be replacing section of rock wall near the SE 1700 block of 148th Ave SE on the west side. Southbound traffic should expect delays. Northbound traffic lane closures 9 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. and southbound lane closures 7:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. Access to local businesses will be maintained. Police officer and flaggers will assist with traffic flow.
- NEW - 164th Ave north of SE 49th St intersection: Mon., 7/25 - Thurs., 7/28. Curb ramp work will cause lane shifts. Work hours: 7:00 a.m. to 4 p.m., Mon. - Fri.
- UPDATED - 108th Ave NE & NE 4th St Intersection: On-going until mid-September. Traffic signal, crosswalk and sidewalk improvements including upgraded curb ramps. NE 4th St: westbound lane closures- 9 am to 5:00 pm and eastbound lane closures- 6:30 am to 3:00 pm.
- UPDATED- 120th Ave NE at NE 8th St. and NE 12th St. intersections: Fri., 7/25 - Thurs., 7/28. Various lane closures during utility lid adjustments. Watch for traffic cones and lane detours. Police officers and flaggers will assist traffic flow.
On-going traffic impacts:
- Northup Way, from NE 33rd Place and NE 24th St: On-going to January 2017. One lane traffic control from 5:30 am - 4 pm daily. The speed limit is reduced to 25 MPH within project limits. Expect long delays. ALTERNATE ROUTES HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.
- SE Allen Rd from 138th Ave SE to 150th Ave SE: Ongoing until mid-August. Work hours are Mon. - Fri., 7:30 am - 5 pm. An aging water main is being replaced. Expect traffic delays.
- NE 6th St between Bellevue Way and 110th Ave NE: On-going to mid-July. Work hours are Mon,- Fri., 7 am - 6 pm, and Sat. 9 am - 6 pm A section of the NE 6th St Pedestrian Corridor will be closed to pedestrians and bicyclists while crews make improvements to the corridor. Watch for signage, flaggers and/or police officers directing people around the construction area.
- WB SE 8th Street from 112th Ave SE to 114th Ave SE: On-going until October. Sewer work will close the curb lane. Access to local businesses and all traffic movements will be maintained. The pedestrian and bike paths along the north curb lane will be closed. Part of Bellefield Area Sewer Projects.
East Link Light Rail
- 110th Ave NE between NE 4th and NE 6th: Full closure through late July. Expect construction activity within the work zone on Mon., through Sat., 7 am - 8 pm. Work hours extended in the morning and evening for double shift to complete the roadway so that work can continue until a southbound lane on 110th Ave NE is reopened; which is anticipated to occur in late-July. The northbound closure will remain in place until early Sept. View closure map on the East Link webpage.
- Local access to Skyline Tower and City Hall is available via westbound NE 4th St to 110th Ave only. Visitor access to City Center Plaza is available from 108th Ave NE.
- Visitor access to Bellevue City Hall is available from northbound 110th Ave NE (via westbound NE 4th St) and eastbound NE 6th St.
- UPDATED: Main St/110th & 112th Ave: On-going. Expect intermittent lane and sidewalk closures for installation of temporary sound wall. Two-lane closures on 112th Ave for utility trenching. an
- NE 2nd Pl from 110th Ave NE to 111th Ave NE: Closed 2016 thru 2018 (minimum 2-year closure). Road will be closed for an extended period of time to allow use of the right of way as a staging area for Sound Transit.
Subscribe to receive East Link construction alerts from Sound Transit (via text or email). Visit the Sound Transit East Link Extension website for more information.
FREEWAY TRAFFIC INFORMATION:
The Washington State Department of Transportation has several projects under way that can affect traffic in Bellevue at any given time. For the most up-to-date information on construction activity on major highways, visit WSDOT's weekly construction closure updates.
NE 6th St to I-5 Widening and Express Toll Lanes - Project Info