BELLEVUE — In the months of February and March the City of Bellevue is conducting the Annual Performance Measures Survey and the bi-annual Human Services Needs Assessment Survey.
The city conducts the Performance Measures Survey via telephone within the first couple months of each year to evaluate Bellevue residents’ satisfaction with services delivered by the city during the previous year. The survey is intended to collect statistically reliable data measuring residents’ perceptions and level of satisfaction. The survey findings provide data for several specific types of measures:
- Budgetary performance measures for which citywide survey responses are needed.
- “Comparable Cities” survey measures requested by the International City/County Management Association.
- Citywide survey measures departments track for their own quality assurance and planning purposes.
The City of Bellevue Human Services Division conducts a needs assessment at the beginning of each two-year funding cycle for the purpose of giving the Bellevue City Council, the Human Services Commission, service providers and residents insights that can help them:
- Understand the overall health and human services needs in the city.
- Identify regional and local trends and issues that impact Bellevue residents both now and in the future.
- Forecast possible implications and prepare strategic responses.
- Identify available resources and gaps within the community.
- Provide a framework for the allocation of resources to a continuum of human services for Bellevue residents.
- Identify opportunities for collaboration and advocacy in human services areas that will enhance the quality of life for all Bellevue residents.
Potential participants for each survey are selected at random from all households with telephones in Bellevue. By selecting participants randomly, we are able to better represent the opinions among residents across the city.
The surveys are conducted by the City of Bellevue. Northwest Research Group is an independent contractor hired by the city to conduct the interviews. Northwest Research Group has conducted these surveys for the city since 2000.
Return to News Release Index