The Crag Climbing Wall
Our wall is full of life!
Come and climb our walls.
April 2017 - Summer camp registration is happening now!
The age range for full-day summer rock climbing camp is 10-15 years, and the half-day camp is 6-9 years. The morning half-day camp times will be 9 a.m. to noon. These changes are different from what is printed in the Summer Day Camp Brochure. We apologize for any inconvenience.
The Crag is 33 feet tall and sculpted to look and feel like Index granite. The wall offers three belay ropes with at least five climbing routes of varying degrees of difficulty per rope, and a bouldering or horizontal traverse wall. Advanced climbers can take advantage of the wall's natural-looking granite for the ultimate texture climb.
SBCC offers a full array of classes, supervised drop-in sessions, camps and programs for people of all skill levels to develop or improve their rock-climbing skills. The wall is also available to rent for parties, team-building and other celebration events.
All climbers must have a signed climbing wall waiver on file at SBCC. Youth waivers must be signed by parent or legal guardian.
Class and Climbing Schedule - Winter 2017 and May-August 2017
Belayed Climb Session - During these scheduled times there will be trained staff to belay all individuals who wish to climb in a safe and encouraging atmosphere. All equipment is provided. Minimum age is 4 years.
- Sessions include two hours of climb time. $7/residents and $9/non-residents.
- Single Climb allows people a chance to try climbing a single rope. Climbers get three attempts to reach the summit. $3/residents and $4/non-residents.
- NEW - Single Climbers - Do you want to climb more? UPGRADE! Take your Single Climb receipt to the front desk and pay the difference to continue climbing the rest of the climbing session.
Special Belay Climb Sessions:
- Animal Rescue climbs are May 7 and June 3 - help the keeper get his animals off the wall and safely back to the zoo.
- Treasure Hunt climbs are May 21 and June 11 - help the king find his lost gold coins and other valuable treasure.
- Pokemon climbs are May 28 and June 18 - climb and collect Pokemon figurines and work to become a Pokemon master!
DIY Session - During Do It Yourself (DIY) Climb Sessions, climbers with valid SBCC Belay Cards may belay other adults with valid SBCC belay cards or their own legal children. Minimum age is 4 years. $6 (residents) and $7.50 (non-residents).
Climb Passes - These passes save you money and never expire. Passes can be used for either Belayed Climb or DIYClimb Sessions.
- 5 Climb Pass - $32.50/residents ($6.50) and $40.50/non-residents ($8.10)
- 10 Climb Pass - $60/residents ($6.00) and $72/non-residents ($7.20)
- 20 Climb Pass - $110/residents ($5.50) and $130/non-residents ($6.50)
SBCC Belay Card - Individuals interested in obtaining a SBCC Belay Card can be tested during regularly scheduled Belayed Climb Sessions to ensure they are current and effective in belaying skills. Tests are given a minimum of one week after completing a Beginning Rock Climbing or Belay class. Cardholders are allowed to belay other adult SBCC Belay Cardholders or their own legal children during either Belayed Climb or DIY Sessions. No fee to take the test. Minimum age is 18 years.
Classes/Programs/Camps - register online at http://parksreg.cityofbellevue.org/.
- Beginning Rock Climbing Class - This 90-minute class is for the beginning or intermediate climber who would like to learn all of the basics of rock climbing. You will become familiar with and learn how to properly use the basic pieces of climbing equipment used in "Top-Rope" climbing, climbing commands, how to safely rappel, and a number of climbing techniques that will greatly improve your ability and performance on the rock. At the end of this class you will be able to safely and confidently climb and rappel the Crag climbing wall at SBCC. Minimum age is 13 years. Pre-registration is required. $29 (Bellevue resident) and $39 (non-resident). Register
- Beginning Rock Climbing Class for Parent/Child - This 90-minute course covers the same material as the Beginning Rock Climbing class, but is ideal for parents to do with their children to take their relationship to new heights. Go climbing! Minimum age is 4 years. Pre-registration is required. Price is for one child and one adult: $29 (Bellevue residents) and $39 (non-residents). Additional family member: $15 (Bellevue residents) and $20 (non-residents). Register
- Belay Class - Learn the skills needed to safely belay your rock climbing partner up any rock climbing wall. This 90-minute class will cover belay techniques, important knots, handling the rope, using a belay device, and climbing commands. You will be taught the skills needed to pass the Belay Test required to climb at The Crag at SBCC. Pre-registration is required. Minimum age is 18 years. $29 (Bellevue resident) and $39 (non-resident). Register
Spring Break and Summer Rock Climbing Camps:
- Half-Day Camp - The three-hour camp is perfect for young climbers interested in trying rock climbing. The focus will be on introducing basic rock climbing and bouldering techniques through participation in fun and challenging games and activities. All climbing will take place at South Bellevue Community Center's indoor climbing wall. All climbing equipment is provided. Morning sessions are 9 a.m. to noon, and afternoon sessions are 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. Ages: 6-9 years old. Register
- Full-Day Camp - Enjoy a week of rock climbing. You will learn how to climb or how to take your climbing skills to new heights. You will climb at "The Crag" at South Bellevue Community Center and various locations around North Bend. There will be climbing routes for every level of ability from beginning to expert. Campers meet at SBCC daily at 9 a.m. and return by 4 p.m. All climbing equipment is provided. Campers need to bring a pack with lunch, sunscreen and a hat. Climbing shoes are recommended but are not required. Low camper/staff ratio. Ages: 10-15 years old. Contact Carrie Sabochik at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Register
- TRACKS Rock Climbing Campout - Want to explore and challenge yourself on new rock climbing routes? Join us for an overnight rock climbing campout. We will spend the first day up in North Bend, and then head out on an overnight camping and climbing adventure. We will campout in a campground and check out routes a little farther from home. The first day camp runs from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.; drop-off on Day Two will be at 9 a.m., and pick-up on Day Three will be at 4 p.m. Camping and climbing gear, transportation and instruction will be provided. Campers need to bring lunch, snacks, and water bottles, as well as sunscreen and personal items. Register
Wall Rental/Parties - available Friday evenings and Sunday afternoons.
- Rock Party - Rock on and climb up! $150 includes one hour on the wall, two hours use of the party room with tables and chairs set up for your convenience, and one belay staff to ensure kids climb safely. Minimum age is 5 years. Renters may purchase additional time. Additional belay staff are available for $20/hour.
- Wall Rentals - The wall is available for private groups to rent on Friday evenings and Sunday afternoons. Minimum age is 5 years. $90/first hour (minimum time) and $60/additional hour. Cost includes one belay staff. Additional belay staff available for $20/hour.
- Rock Party and Wall Rentals may schedule additional belay staff with advanced notice. Please ask the front desk or call SBCC at 425-452-4240.