The six finalists for Bellevue police chief are:
- Stavros Anthony, captain with the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department;
- Kenneth Graham, deputy chief with the Ocala, Fla. Police Department;
- Nicholas Metz, chief of the Investigations Bureau of the Seattle Police Department;
- Linda Pillo, deputy chief of the Bellevue department's Support Services Division, currently serving as interim chief;
- Denise Turner, chief of the Technical Services Division of the King County Sheriff's Office;
- and Todd Wuestewald, chief with the Broken Arrow, Okla. Police Department.
Bellevue residents are invited to meet the six finalists seeking to become the city's next police chief at a reception Thursday, Dec. 13, 7 to 8:30 p.m. at City Hall. Seattle Times report
Attendees will have the opportunity to join business and other community leaders who have been invited to meet and talk with the candidates, as well as provide feedback on each of them. The six finalists are participating in a series of panel interviews and other recruitment activities.
Each candidate seeks to fill the post previously held by Jim Montgomery, who retired from the position in May, after 10 years of service. Currently, Deputy Chief Linda Pillo is serving as interim police chief until a replacement is selected.
Bellevue City Manager Steve Sarkozy expects to make a hiring decision in January.
Return to News Release Index