BELLEVUE -- Bellevue's Salmon Watchers have had a lot to see this fall, with spawning salmon surging through several local streams. You can get a peek at what all of the excitement's about when you check out the November episode of Bellevue Television's "It's Your City" program.
A segment about the Salmon Watchers program includes beautiful footage of the Northwest's iconic fish making their way through area streams, including Kelsey Creek. "It's Your City" airs on Channel 21 in Bellevue, Redmond and Kirkland. "It's Your City" covers people, events and issues in Bellevue.
The November episode features:
- Salmon Watchers -- volunteers that help keep our local salmon healthy.
- New Outdoor Challenge Course -- Bellevue's first and only challenge course at South Bellevue Community Center.
- Adopt-A-Family -- community program run by Overlake Service League that has brightened the holidays for Bellevue families for more than 100 years.
- "The Compass" City Hall Art Display -- with an introduction to the Canadian artist who created this grand-scale work of art.
- Sonics and Storm 40th Anniversary Celebration – a visit with Sonics legend Detlef Schrempf to see how the Sonics and Storm are celebrating their 40th anniversary by investing in local communities, including Bellevue.
The City of Bellevue produces the "It's Your City" television program, with assistance from students enrolled in Bellevue Community College's advanced video production program. In August 2006, the show received first place in the magazine format series produced by a mid-sized city category from the National Association of Telecommunications Officers and Advisors.
Return to News Release Index