Hugh Jennings is an expert birdwatcher, tracking them in his backyard and at the Lake Hills Greenbelt for more than 20 years. Jennings is a "community treasure," featured in the March episode of the "It's Your City" television show now airing on channel 21.
Other stories include an interview with the Bellevue Arts Museum's new director of curatorial affairs and tips on how to live safely with cougars, coyotes and bears in the general neighborhood.
In the order they appear, this month's stories are:
- Volunteer Chore Services: Volunteers are paired with seniors with disabilities to assist with basic chores, so they can continue to live independently.
- Preserving Tree Canopy: Park Ranger Chris Brown provides a brief look at how you can help maintain the tree canopy on your property and in the city.
- Community Treasure Hugh Jennings: Hugh shares his love for birds and talks about how you can improve backyard bird habitat.
- Master Gardeners Free Workshops: As we are getting closer to spring, many of us are thinking about gardening. The Master Gardeners give free workshops every Saturday on a variety of gardening topics.
- Bellevue Arts Museum's new director of curatorial affairs: Stefano Catalani offers a quick tour of the museum.
- Living with Wildlife: The wildlife around here can be spectacular, but you don't want a cougar coming for dinner. Look at ways to live safely among the beautiful wildlife of our area.
"It's Your City" airs throughout the week on channel 21 (Bellevue TV schedule) and can be viewed any time online.
Return to News Release Index