During the coming week, crews working for the state Department of Transportation will continue repairing pavement on northbound Interstate 405 in South Bellevue. Work will also continue to restore a wetland at Kelsey Creek Park, on the north side of Lake Hills Connector at Richards Road.
Construction closures affecting I-405 drivers in Bellevue the week of Sept. 7 to 14 include:
- I-405 Mainline: Sunday through Thursday nights, crews will close up to three northbound I-405 lanes from I-90 to the Wilburton Tunnel for pavement repair. The first lane will close at 8 p.m. nightly, with up to three lanes closed by 11 p.m. All lanes will reopen by 5 a.m. each following morning; Monday through Thursday nights, crews will close one lane in each direction from 112th Avenue Southeast to Coal Creek Parkway to clean sewer lines. Crews will close one northbound lane from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m., and one southbound lane from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. each following morning; and Monday through Thursday nights, the Washington State Patrol will perform multiple 20-minute rolling slowdowns on southbound I-405 near I-90. Each night between midnight and 4 a.m., troopers will slow traffic down while crews remove light poles. Drivers should expect delays or take alternate routes. A signed detour will be in place.
- I-405/I-90 Interchange: On Monday and Tuesday nights, crews will close the southbound I-405 on-ramp from westbound I-90 from 10 p.m. to 4 a.m. each following morning to stripe the roadway.
- I-405/112th Ave. SE Interchange: On Saturday night, crews will close the northbound I-405 on-ramp from 112th Avenue Southeast from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. Sunday to install pilings for a retaining wall; and on Wednesday and Thursday nights, crews will close the northbound on-ramp from 112th Avenue Southeast from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. each following morning to shift traffic to a newly paved section on the ramp.
- I-405/Coal Creek Parkway Interchange: On Wednesday and Thursday nights, crews will close the left lane of the southbound I-405 off-ramp to Coal Creek Parkway and one eastbound lane on Coal Creek Parkway under the I-405 bridge from 9 p.m. to 3:30 a.m. each following morning to survey and cut pavement prior to relocating a sewer line.
- I-405 /S.E. 8th Street Interchange: Monday through Wednesday nights, crews will close two lanes on Southeast Eighth Street under I-405, from 10 p.m. each night to 5 a.m. each following morning to drill holes for soil samples and to locate underground utilities. A State Patrol trooper will direct traffic.
These closures are necessary for construction of WSDOT’s I-405, South Bellevue Widening Project. For more information or to sign up for e-mail updates, visit the project website.
Return to News Release Index