Outdoor Park Reservation Procedures
NOTICE: BELLEVUE DOWNTOWN PARK
Due to construction at the Downtown Park, the City will not accept reservations or events at the Park through June 2017. Please call in May 2017 for reservations after July 4, 2017.
See Complete the Circle and Inspiration Playground project pages for details. Ohno Construction began construction on both of these projects on July 11. Construction is anticipated to be complete in June 2017. During the construction period, the southern half of the Downtown Park will be closed to public access. However, the existing southeast parking lot will be accessible for use (at a decreased capacity) until the new 100th Avenue NE lot is finished. The parking lot along 100th Avenue NE will only be temporarily closed to public access. There will also be intermittent closures of the northern half of the Downtown Park as improvements to the lighting and promenade are performed.
Bellevue invites you to celebrate your next corporate, family or social gathering at one of our beautiful parks. Choose from a variety of picnic and outdoor wedding sites that range from scenic waterfront beach parks to a picturesque working farm. Bellevue's parks are conveniently located near Puget Sound metropolitan areas – 15 minutes from Seattle, 45 minutes from Tacoma and 30 minutes from Snohomish County.
Requests for picnic areas are accepted starting January 20, 2016 for Bellevue residents and Bellevue businesses, and starting February 17 for everyone else.
Check park availability
The Park Use Guidelines provide all the information you will need to reserve a park, information on when to reserve, what to submit and how to submit a request to make a reservation. It also contains important information about park codes and special uses allowed in the parks.
To view a matrix of all parks with picnic sites available for reservation, please view the Picnic Site Information.
Park Use Fees - this document breaks out fees into park sites with shelters, park sites without shelters, and then by half-day or full-day use, based upon weekday or weekend use.
To reserve a site within a park - complete a Park Reservation Request Form with your signature, and submit it with full payment a minimum of five business days prior to your reservation date.
Park Special Uses - If you'd like to have one of the following special uses at your event, complete a Park Special Use Form with your initials and submit it with full payment. Note that all requirements on the form must be met a minimum of 10 business days prior to your event date for the special uses to be approved (14 business days for events open to the public).
- Catered event - A caterer is defined as a person or company being paid to prepare and/or serve food in the park. Having food dropped off is not considered a catered event.
- Inflatable ride (formerly referred to as a Big Toy/Inflatable) - Only Certified Amusement Ride Operators are permitted in Bellevue parks. You are not allowed to bring your own inflatable into City of Bellevue parks. Visit the Washington State Department of Labor & Industries web page to view a list of approved operators - http://www.lni.wa.gov/TradesLicensing/Electrical/AmuseRide/LicensedOperators.asp . The vendor will need to provide a generator and must stay on site to operate the inflatable.
- Other entertainment - Special uses includes having a company provide other forms of entertainment or games, such as laser tag, team-building activities, game truck, tumble bus, animal show, etc.
- Equipment providers - Special uses includes having a company provide additional equipment such as tables, chairs, tents/canopies, staging, etc. If you are having a tent/canopy with sidewalls larger than 400 square feet, or if you have a combination of tents/canopies open on all sides that exceed 700 square feet, a permit is required from the Fire Department. Please see http://www.bellevuewa.gov/pdf/Fire/f-41_tents_membranes.pdf for more information, or call 425-452-6872. Tents must be weighed down and not staked into the ground to prevent damage to irrigation and drainage systems.
- Vehicle access - Special uses includes vehicle access in the Downtown Park's center lawn or Wilburton Hill Park's picnic site beyond the parking lot.
- Selling concessions
- Charging admission
Need an activity for your event? We have game kits available for rent. See the Game Kit information sheet.
If you would like to rent game kits only without reserving a park site, please complete a Game Kit Request Form. Submit it with your signature and full payment including applicable security deposit(s).