With temperatures reaching record-breaking heights, residents can find refuge from the heat in Bellevue's air-conditioned community centers.
Mayor Grant Degginger suggests ways to stay cool
Fire Department tips
Drop-in visitors are welcome at the community centers. Six beach parks offer swimming in Lake Washington. The Water Spray Playground at Crossroads Park, 16000 NE 10th St., offers another option for beating the heat.
- North Bellevue Community Center, 4063 148th Ave. NE
Hours: Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 10 p.m., and Saturday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Crossroads Community Center, 16000 NE 10th St.
Hours: Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 8 p.m., and Saturday, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Highland Community Center, 14224 Bel-Red Road
Hours: Monday through Thursday, 9 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. and Friday, 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- South Bellevue Community Center, 14509 SE Newport Way
Hours: Monday through Thursday, 6 a.m. to 9 p.m., Friday, 6 a.m. to 8 p.m., Saturday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., and Sunday 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Chesterfield Beach Park, 2501 100th Ave. SE
- Chism Beach Park, 1175 96th Ave. SE
- Clyde Beach Park, 2 92nd Ave. NE
- Enatai Beach Park, 3519 108th Ave. SE
- Meydenbauer Beach Park, 419 98th Ave. NE
- Newcastle Beach Park, 4400 Lake Washington Blvd SE
Return to News Release Index