To help residents going to Seafair by boat, Bellevue is offering free satellite parking for the Southeast 40th Street Boat Launch and providing free shuttles from that lot to the launch.
The services will be available 9 a.m. to 9 p.m., on Friday, Saturday and Sunday (July 31-Aug. 2). If the parking lot is full at the boat launch (118th Avenue Southeast and Southeast 40th Street), residents can park at the Bannerwood Sports Park lot (1630 132nd Ave. SE).
Drivers put their boat in the water, leave passengers with it, and go to the Bannerwood lot. Police will be posted to maintain order.
To get to Bannerwood, take Interstate 405 North to SE 8th Street, east on SE 8th, right on Lake Hills Connector, right on Richards Road, and left at the Bannerwood sign. Shuttles will take drivers back to the launch and at the end of the day, return them to their vehicles.
Launching Fees and Hours
- The launching fee is $10 for people who do not have a season pass.
- To accommodate incoming boats, no launching will be permitted after 4 p.m. on Sunday.
- Children under 13 years old are required to wear life jackets in boats less than 19 feet long.
- Personal flotation devices for all passengers are required on all watercraft.
- It is illegal to consume alcoholic beverages while operating watercraft.
Return to News Release Index