A Message from Utilities Director Nav Otal
Bellevue Utilities provides high-quality, essential services that you rely on every day—drinking water, wastewater, storm and surface water and solid waste. We take pride in making sure these services are dependable, a good value for the money and delivered with the customer in mind.
A few things I’d like you to know about your Utilities:
- We’re ready to help you 24 hours a day. Our employees are on call to respond to emergencies 24 hours a day. If you experience flooding, a water main break, sewer overflow or need to report a pollutant spill, call Utilities Operations and Maintenance at 425-452-7840 any time.
- Customers give us a high satisfaction rating. Our satisfaction rating with customers remains high, based on the city’s annual surveys. In 2012, 93 percent of those surveyed were very satisfied or fairly satisfied with our services.
- We’re a nationally accredited agency. Our practices meet or exceed national standards. When 337 of our industry standard practices were compared with agencies nationwide, we achieved a 100 percent compliant rating. The American Public Works Association awarded us accreditation in 2004, 2007 and 2011.
- Our rates are competitive with other cities. Even though we need to pass on wholesale costs from Cascade (for drinking water) and King County (for sewage treatment) to our customers, our rates for water, wastewater (sewer) and storm and surface water are lower than many of our neighboring cities.
- We are financially stable and have a high bond rating. Utilities has an Aa1 bond rating, the highest bond rating possible for a utility our size. This rating is from Moody’s Investors Service, one of the three largest national bond rating agencies.
We have many challenges before us, such as aging infrastructure, meeting growth demands and keeping rates low while meeting financial policies. However, we are working to meet these challenges and will continue to provide excellent utility services that you can count on each day in your home or business.