To help residents going to Seafair by boat, the City of Bellevue is offering free satellite parking for the Southeast 40th Street Boat Launch and providing free shuttles from that extra parking back to the launch.
The services are available 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. on Friday, Saturday and Sunday (Aug. 6-8), when people come to the boat launch, at 118th Avenue Southeast and Southeast 40th Street. Police officers will be posted to maintain order.
If parking is full at the boat launch, residents can park at Bannerwood Sports Park, 1630 132nd Ave. SE (From I-405, east on Southeast Eighth Street; right on Lake Hills Connector; right on Richards Road from the "Y" intersection; and left at Bannerwood sign.) Shuttles will return boaters to their vehicles at the satellite lot.
Launching Fees and Hours
- The launching fee is $12 for people who do not have a season pass.
- To accommodate incoming boats, no launching will be permitted after 4 p.m. on Sunday.
- Children 12 years old and under are required to wear life jackets in boats less than 19 feet long.
- Personal flotation devices for all passengers are required on all watercraft.
- It is illegal to consume alcoholic beverages while operating watercraft.
Return to News Release Index