NBCC Fitness Center
North Bellevue Community Center's new 930 square foot Fitness Center features state-of-the-art treadmills, bikes, elliptical trainers, strength training machines and free weights.
Individuals have the following payment options for using the facility:
The Fitness Center is designed for adult use, as well as youth ages 10 and older.
- 10-12 year-olds may only use the cardio equipment and must be accompanied by an adult. Other requirements include a doctor's note, age verification, a waiver signed by the youth and parent/guardian, and attendance by both the youth and parent/guardian at a 30-minute orientation. Fitness Center Orientation Schedule
- 13-15 year-olds are allowed to use all available equipment with adult supervision. Attendance at a 30-minute orientation is required prior to using any equipment.
- 16-17 year-olds are allowed to use all available equipment with parent permission. Attendance at a 30-minute orientation is required prior to using any equipment.
Fitness Center Hours of Operation
Monday - 8:30 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Tuesday - 8:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Wednesday - 8:30 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Thursday - 8:30 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Friday - 8:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Saturday - 8:30 a.m. to noon
Fitness Center Orientation Schedule
Fitness Center FAQs
Fitness Center flyer - fees and other general info
Fitness Center - personal training
Fitness Center Forms - Purchasing a Fitness Pass? Please fill out the appropriate forms below and bring them to North Bellevue Community Center:
How to Get Started:
Download the PAR-Q Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire. This is for your personal use only. It does not need to be signed or returned to NBCC. Please read the questions carefully, answer them honestly and consider the recommendations for your personal safety. Copies are also available at the front desk.
PRIOR to using the Fitness Center, you must attend a 30-minute orientation. The orientation will cover the proper use of strength training and cardio equipment, general principles of exercise, safety, policies and procedures for the Fitness Center, other available services, and gives you an opportunity to meet the staff. No sign-up is needed. Just meet in the Fitness Center five minutes before start time. Late arrivals will not be accommodated. See schedule below.
Fitness Center Orientation Schedule - Orientation is required for youth and adults
- Monday - 2 p.m.
- Tuesday - 5 p.m.
- Wednesday - noon and 6 p.m.
- Thursday - 7 p.m.
- Friday - 4 p.m.
- Saturday - 10 a.m.
"Fitness 1-on-1" Drop-in Help Sessions (optional)
"Fitness 1-on-1" is our commitment to help you with the basics of exercise. If you would like additional assistance after attending an orientation, staff is available for personal attention to help you get started. Feel free to ask for assistance during the times listed below. If staff is unavailable, we will set up an appointment for you at your convenience.
Fitness Staff Available for 1-on-1 Assistance:
- Tuesday - 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and 3 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Wednesday - 12:30 p.m. to 2 pm. and 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Thursday - 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Friday - 3 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Saturday - 8 a.m. to noon
Frequently Asked Questions about the Fitness Center
- Are there any age limitations for Fitness Center use?
The Fitness Center is designed for ages 10 and older:
Youth, ages 10-12, may use cardio equipment only with direct adult supervision after providing a doctor's note, a waiver signed by the youth and parent/guardian, verifying age, and both the youth and adult/guardian attending a 30-minute orientation.
Teens, ages 13-15, may use the Fitness Center with direct adult supervision after attending an orientation and completing the teen and parent waivers.
Teens, ages 16-17, must attend the orientation and complete the teen and parent waivers.
- What amenities are available?
Restrooms are available to use as a changing area if needed. Please provide your own workout towel. The North Bellevue Community Center is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Do you offer other professional services such as personal trainers?
Yes! Several professional services are available for additional costs/fees, including group fitness classes, personal training, fitness testing and body composition (fat/lean) testing. Download and complete the Health History Questionnaire prior to fitness testing or personal trainer appointments. The questionnaire is also available at the front desk. Call for prices and scheduling information.
- What should I wear and bring?
Dress in exercise apparel such as sweats. The room can feel cool until you are warmed up, so dress in layers. Please wear clean athletic-type shoes. Shirts that cover the torso are required. For women, please no sports bras as outerwear Bring a water bottle, headphones and a towel.
- What are the least busy days/times?
Our Fitness Cente does not currently experience any busy days/times.
- Is there staff on site to help me get started?
Yes! Participants new to working out are always welcome. Following the orientation, you may ask for additional personal assistance at any time that we are not busy helping others. The Fitness Center is staff during these hours to provide assistance with use of the equipment - see Fitness 1-on-1.
- What other fitness and sports-related activities are available?
Some of the many fitness/wellness classes and programs at NBCC include: ping pong, pickleball, line dancing, jazzercise, yoga, Tai Chi and dance. The quarterly Connections brochure lists current course offerings.