Youth Sports Coach
||Department: Parks & Community Services|
|Season: Spring 2013
||Job site: Soccer – Robinswood Community Park Track & Field – Tillicum Middle School|
|Training: April 24th, 6:30pm at Bellevue City Hall
||Reports to: : Heather Christoff: 425-452-4627 (office) 206-852-1020 (cell)|
|Work environment: Active
||State Patrol check required: Yes|
Youth Sports & Fitness is seeking volunteer coaches for its Spring 2013 soccer and track & field season. The goal of Youth Sports & Fitness programs is to provide quality programming with responsible leaders so youth have the opportunity to grow and learn. We are a program in which opportunity for participation is provided to all those who enter, regardless of skill and ability. We wish to provide youth with a fun learning experience and the opportunity to develop lifetime sports and fitness skills.
Coach ages 5-6 or 7-9 in soccer, and/or track & field for ages 4-14. Tasks include but are not limited to, leading practices, teaching fundamentals and communicating with on-site staff and parents of participants.
Basic knowledge of soccer or track & field is required. Applicants must be reliable, trustworthy and willing to put forth a good effort.
• Attend mandatory coaches clinic – April 24th 6pm at Bellevue City Hall *No coaches clinic will be held for track & field
• Arrive 15-20 minutes early to practices and games
• Have a practice plan (first 2 weeks of the league)
• Participate in activities with youth
• Teach basic fundamentals of sport
• Teach basic rules of sport
• Coach/Ref all league games
• Communicate with parents after every practice and game (example: picture date/time, handouts) and on-site staff
Please download, complete and submit the following to Heather Christoff at the address in the right column of this page. If you have questions, contact Ms. Christoff by the e-mail or phone number in the right column.
- Application paperwork is reviewed and processed.
- Candidates not selected will be notified.
- Applicants selected will be notified via e-mail.
- Selected applicants will receive on-site training and are required to keep a daily record of volunteer hours.
Bellevue provides volunteer opportunities without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, marital status, sexual preference and/or disability.