Youth Sports Coach
Season: Spring 2014
Department: Parks & Community Services
Job Site: Tyee Community Gym, 13630 SE Allen Road, Bellevue WA
Training: April 15, 6 p.m., City Hall
Reports to: Ted Mittelstaedt, 425-452-4882
Work Environment: Active
Background Check Required: Yes
Youth Sports & Fitness is seeking volunteer coaches for its Spring 2014 soccer leagues and track and field program. The goal of Youth Sports & Fitness programs is to provide quality programming with responsible leaders so youth have the opportunity to grow and learn. We are a program in which opportunity for participation is provided to all those who enter, regardless of skill and ability. We wish to provide youth with a fun learning experience and the opportunity to develop lifetime sports and fitness skills.
Coach ages 5-6 and 7-9 in soccer and ages 4-13 in track and field. Tasks include but are not limited to, leading practices, teaching fundamentals and communicating with on-site staff and parents of participants.
Basic knowledge of soccer or track and field is required. Applicants must be reliable, trustworthy and willing to put forth a good effort.
• Attend mandatory coaches clinic – April 15, 2014, at 6 p.m. at Bellevue City Hall.
• Arrive 15-20 minutes early to practices and games.
• Have a practice plan (first 2 weeks of the league).
• Participate in activities with youth.
• Teach basic fundamentals of sport.
• Teach basic rules of sport.
• Coach/Ref all league games.
• Communicate with parents after every practice and game (example: picture date/time, handouts) and on-site staff.
Please download, complete and submit the following to Ted Mittelstaedt at the address in the right column of this page. If you have questions, contact Ted via the e-mail or phone number in the right column.
- Application paperwork is reviewed and processed.
- Candidates not selected will be notified.
- Applicants selected will be notified via e-mail.
- Selected applicants will receive on-site training and are required to keep a daily record of volunteer hours.
Bellevue provides volunteer opportunities without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, marital status, sexual preference and/or disability.