North Bellevue Community Center Blood Pressure Assistant
Last Date to Apply: Open
Number of Positions: Open
Department: Parks & Community Services
Job Site: North Bellevue Community Center
Length of Commitment: Minimum six months
Training Required/Provided: Training and orientation
Position Reports to: Dan Lassiter
Work environment: Community Center
State Patrol Check Required: Yes
- Welcome seniors warmly and put them at ease
- Obtain a short health history including current medications
- Take and record blood pressure
- Encourage seniors with very elevated blood pressure to contact a physician immediately
- Talk with each senior about medications and overall health
- Encourage seniors to visit family physician regularly for full medical care
- Advise Community Center staff of disability or health problems
- Volunteer does NOT diagnose.
- Ability to give a certain amount of time on a regular basis to insure reliable coverage for service
- Background in nursing
- Friendly, compassionate
- Good listening and communication skills
- Training in peer counseling helpful
- Possible school credit for community service
- Receive an education about the Bellevue community
- Gain a sense of responsibility
TO APPLY PLEASE SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING:
RETURN APPLICATION MATERIALS TO:
City of Bellevue Parks & Community Services Department
Attn: Dan Lassiter
P.O. Box 90012
Bellevue, WA 98009-9012
FOR QUESTIONS CONTACT:
Dan Lassiter, 425-452-7681 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Darrion Spratley, 425-452-7681 or email email@example.com
- Application paperwork is reviewed and forwarded to appropriate staff based on a match of the position and related qualifications
- Candidates not selected will be notified.
- Qualified applicants will interview with Bo Du.
- Reference checks and Washington State Patrol Background Check will be conducted.
- Applicants selected for volunteer position will be notified and will attend an orientation.
- Selected applicants will receive on-site training and are required to keep a daily record of volunteer hours.
It is the policy of the City of Bellevue Parks & Community Services Department to provide volunteer opportunities without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, marital status, sexual preference, and/or disability.