Kelsey Creek Equine Volunteer (New)
Participants can register online at myparksandrecreation.com. Registration will begin in mid-March.
Number of Positions: Varies
Hours: 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Department: Parks & Community Services
Season: Summer, plus special events. No program during fall and winter.
Job site: Kelsey Creek Farm Park, 410 130th Place SE
Length of commitment: Must be able to attend the entire two week session
Training (required): Saturday, June 15 1-3pm
Position reports to: Pam Myers
Work environment: Farm/Outdoors
Criminal Background Check required: Yes
Fee: $10 Resident/$15 Non-Resident
Sessions (each session is two weeks):
84647 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Mon-Thurs, Jul 7-17
84648 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Mon-Thurs, Jul 21-3
84649 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Mon-Thurs, Aug 4-7
All volunteers will be required to complete a Criminal Background Check and provide their Social Security number. Limit - one session per participant for either the Farm, Art, Equine or Log Cabin summer volunteer program. Please choose only one volunteer program per participant.
• Volunteers primary task is to work with children in pony programs
• Volunteers pay close attention to students; they do not over socialize with other volunteers during class or trainings.
• Volunteers talk to and involve the students, making their class experience fun!
• Volunteers are aware of their student and keep them safe from horses’ hooves and mouths.
• Volunteers are respectful and aware of their horse and its actions.
• Volunteers assist with the set-up and take down of pony classes, trail course, and crafts.
• Volunteers complete assigned jobs and tasks promptly and enthusiastically.
• Interest in horses
• Tolerance to be on your feet for a physically active day,
• Ability to work in diverse weather conditions,
• Capable of understanding and following directions,
• Willingness to learn and a positive attitude.
• Volunteers must be able to attend entire two week session
• Pass a skill test.
• Must register in Class.
• Learn techniques of "natural horsemanship."
• Teens work together as they learn about care and management of horses and the daily activities on a working farm.
• Preparation for future employment
• Education about the community and Kelsey Creek Farm
• Sense of responsibility
• School credit for community service
All volunteers are required to wear:
- A volunteer T-shirt (will be provided)
- Proper attire for farm environment
- Closed-toed shoes; no sandals
Registration is required. Visit myparksandrecreation.com or call 425-452-6885 or e-mail Kelseycreekfarm@bellevuewa.gov.