Highland Center Recreation Assistant
Last Date to Apply: Year round
Number of Positions: Varies
Department: Parks & Community Services
Season: Year round
Job Site: Highland Community Center
Length of Commitment: TBA
Training Required/Provided: Training and orientation
Position Reports to: Kim Indurkar
Work environment: Indoors/Outdoors
State Patrol Check Required: Yes
Volunteers will assist recreation staff in setting up and facilitating various recreational activities which include: sports, arts, cooking, drama and computer games. Recreation Assistants will assist staff with supervision and help participants with various needs.
- Help participants engage in recreation activities.
- Engage participants in conversation.
- Assist in moving wheelchairs when needed.
- Monitor participant activities and report to staff.
- An interest in working with people with disabilities.
- Ten-week commitment (quarterly volunteer shifts), one day per week.
- Able to communicate and work well with others.
- Willingness to work hard.
- Ability to learn new tasks and information.
- Interest in recreational activities.
- Positive attitude.
- Willingness to learn how to work with people with cognitive and physical disabilities.
- Help facilitate lasting community integration for people with disabilities.
- Learn about people with disabilities.
- School credit for community service.
- Preparation for future employment.
- Gain a sense of responsibility.
- Experience useful in building resume.
- Learn about community and Highland Community Center.
TO APPLY PLEASE SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING:
RETURN APPLICATION MATERIALS TO:
City of Bellevue Parks & Community Services Department
Attn: Kim Indurkar
P.O. Box 90012
Bellevue, WA 98009-9012
FOR QUESTIONS CONTACT:
Kim Indurkar, 425-452-6105 or email email@example.com
- Application paperwork is reviewed and forwarded to appropriate staff based on a match of the position and related qualifications
- Candidates not selected will be notified.
- Qualified applicants will interview with Kim Indurkar.
- Reference checks and Washington State Patrol Background Check will be conducted.
- Applicants selected for volunteer position will be notified and will attend an orientation.
- Selected applicants will receive on-site training and are required to keep a daily record of volunteer hours.
- All volunteers are required to wear proper attire for recreational environment.
- No sandals, halter tops or ragged clothing.
It is the policy of the City of Bellevue Parks & Community Services Department to provide volunteer opportunities without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, marital status, sexual preference, and/or disability.