Receive email or text notification when this page is updated
Updated July 28
for the week of July 29 - August 5
CITY TRAFFIC INFORMATION (NOTE: For information on road closures related to ice, snow or flooding, please see the city’s Emergencies and Extreme Weather page)
NEW/UPDATED Traffic Impacts this Week:
Expect traffic delays or use an alternate route, if possible. Please obey construction signs and flaggers:
- NEW - 106th Ave NE: NE 4th - NE 8th St and NE 8th and NE 6th St between Bellevue Way and 106th NE: Road is CLOSED for the Bellevue Arts & Crafts Fair. NE 8th St: 102nd Ave to Bellevue Way will have traffic revisions and heavy congestion.
- NEW - 108th Ave SE between SE 23rd St and SE 25th St: Mon, Aug 1 - Weds., Aug. 3. Pedestrian safety improvements for the updated Enatai Elementary will close the roadway. A signed detour will be in place. Access to homes between SE 23rd and SE 25th Streets will be maintained from the north.
- NEW - SE 66th St at Coal Creek Parkway: SE 66th has been closed since Tuesday, July 26. Avalon Newcastle will be grinding, resurfacing and installing curb ramps, an entry treatment, a median and retaining wall on SE 66th. A detour will lead people to Newcastle Way.
- NEW - NE 24th St: Bel-Red – 166th Ave NE: Mon., Aug. 1 – Weds., Aug. 3. Grind pavement will close lanes. Work hours are: Mon. – Tues., 4:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. (Commercial corridor before 7 am), Weds., 7 a.m. – 3:30 p.m., Thurs.-Friday, 7 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. at NE 24th and 13550 and on 152nd Ave SE at NE 20th St.
- UPDATED - 148th Ave: Main St to SE 8th St: Crews will be working at the intersection and at the SE 1700 block of 148th. Work hours: 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Mon. - Fri. for southbound traffic. Only one southbound lane - expect delays. Work hours are 9 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. for northbound traffic. Major construction to continue through mid-October. Crew will be replacing the rockery near the SE 1700 block of 148th Ave SE on the west side. Access to local businesses will be maintained.
- UPDATED- 120th Ave NE at NE 8th St. and NE 12th St. intersections: Temporary lane configurations and markings. Use caution near dump trucks and heavy equipment.
On-going traffic impacts:
- Northup Way, from NE 33rd Place and NE 24th St: On-going to January 2017. One lane traffic control from 5:30 am - 4 pm daily. The speed limit is reduced to 25 MPH within project limits. ALTERNATE ROUTES HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.
- 108th Ave NE & NE 4th St Intersection: On-going until mid-September. Traffic signal, crosswalk and sidewalk improvements including upgraded curb ramps. NE 4th St: westbound lane closures, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. and eastbound lane closures, 6:30 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- SE Allen Rd from 138th Ave SE to 150th Ave SE: Ongoing until mid-August. Work hours are Mon. - Fri., 7:30 a.m. - 5 p.m. Replacing an aging water main.
- WB SE 8th Street from 112th Ave SE to 114th Ave SE: On-going until October. Sewer work will close the curb lane. Access to local businesses and all traffic movements will be maintained. The pedestrian and bike paths along the north curb lane will be closed. Part of Bellefield Area Sewer Projects.
East Link Light Rail
- UPDATED: 110th Ave NE between NE 4th and NE 6th: Southbound lane on 110th Ave now OPEN; northbound lane closed until early Sept. Expect construction activity in the work zone Mon., - Sat., 7 a.m. - 8 p.m. 110th Ave. NE closure map.
- From westbound NE 4th St to northbound 110th Ave NE: Access available to Skyline Tower and City Hall
- From southbound 110th Ave. NE at NE 6th: Access available to City Center Plaza and Skyline Tower
- From eastbound NE 6th and from east/westbound 112th Ave NE: Access to City Hall available
- 110th Ave. NE from Main St/112th Ave. SE to 110th Ave NE/NE 6th St. On-going. Tunnel monitoring equipment installation along the alignment through late 2016. Lane closures along Main St and 110th Ave NE. Traffic control set up will change day to day as the work progresses from south to the north.
- Main St/& 112th Ave: On-going. Expect intermittent lane and sidewalk closures for installation of temporary sound wall.
- NE 2nd Pl from 110th Ave NE to 111th Ave NE: Closed 2016 thru 2018 (minimum 2-year closure) to allow use of the right of way as a staging area for Sound Transit.
Subscribe to receive East Link construction alerts from Sound Transit (via text or email). Visit the Sound Transit East Link Extension website for more information.
FREEWAY TRAFFIC INFORMATION:
The Washington State Department of Transportation has several projects under way that can affect traffic in Bellevue at any given time. For the most up-to-date information on construction activity on major highways, visit WSDOT's weekly construction closure updates.
NE 6th St to I-5 Widening and Express Toll Lanes - Project Info