To help residents going to Seafair by boat, the City of Bellevue is offering free satellite parking for the Southeast 40th Street Boat Launch and providing free shuttles from that extra parking back to the launch.
On Friday, Saturday and Sunday (Aug. 3-5), when people come to the Boat Launch, at 118th Avenue Southeast and Southeast 40th Street, lifeguards will assist with launching boats into the water. Police officers will be posted to maintain order.
If parking is full at the Boat Launch, residents can park at the Metro park-and-ride lots at Newport Hills (Newport Covenant Church, 12800 SE Coal Crk Pkwy., Coal Creek Parkway and Factoria Boulevard) or Wilburton (I-405 Exit #12 and Southeast Eighth Street). Free shuttles will take them back to the Boat Launch and their boats.
When boaters return to the Boat Launch, the shuttles will return them to their vehicles at the satellite lots. Lifeguards will help them load their boats back onto trailers.
The shuttle service will be available 9 a.m. to 9 p.m., all three days.
Launching Fees and Hours
- The launching fee is $10 for people who do not have a season pass.
- To accommodate incoming boats, no launching will be permitted after 4 p.m. on Sunday.
- Children 12 years old and under are required to wear life jackets in boats less than 19 feet long.
- Personal flotation devices are required on all watercraft.
- It is illegal to consume alcoholic beverages while operating watercraft.
Return to News Release Index