SE Newport Way Sidewalk
Click on image for larger image.
Southeast Newport Way, between 150th to 152nd avenues Southeast, is missing important pedestrian and bicycle amenities. This project will address safety issues, improve access to Eastgate Elementary School, provide better access to transit and provide east-west bicycle route connectivity.
To meet these important goals, the city is proposing the following improvements:
- Six-foot sidewalk on the south side
- Five-foot bike lanes on both sides
- Landscaped planters between the new curb, gutter and sidewalk on the south side, where feasible
- Mid-block crosswalk upgrades to Eastgate Elementary School
- Neighborhood gateway treatments at the intersection of 150th Avenue Southeast and Southeast Newport Way
- Drainage system improvements
This project is in design, which will continue until summer 2014. Construction is estimated to take place from fall 2014 through the spring of 2015.