Popular Pages How Do I... Apply Check Status Find Get Involved Pay Report Request See About Bellevue City Profile Economic
Human Services Neighborhoods Planning Initiatives Accessibility City Hall Emergency City Government Departments Public Safety Publications Services A-Z
Available Languages

Possible Code Violations

If you know of a possible code violation in Bellevue, you can file a complaint through the MyBellevue customer assistance portal. You can also contact the Development Services Department at 425-452-4570.

Code Compliance officers respond to your concerns about:

  • Litter on Private Property: Dumpsters overflowing with garbage; illegal dumping of garbage.
  • Construction Codes: Construction, electrical, plumbing, mechanical and clearing and grading work without permits; abandoned and dangerous buildings.
  • Duplexes/Boarding Houses: Single-family residences used as illegal duplexes or for independent room rentals.
  • Fair Housing: Housing and reasonable accommodations denied based on discrimination, including but not limited to race, family status and financial assistance (Section 8 housing vouchers and certificates).
  • Home Businesses: Businesses conducted in a residence without a Home Occupation permit (exemptions are home businesses without outside employees and no exterior indications of business being conducted).
  • Junk Vehicles: Vehicles on private property that are inoperable (i.e., flat tire, extensive damage, missing major parts).
  • Land Use Violations: Violations of zoning and development regulations (i.e., business located in a non-permitted zone, intrusions into required setbacks, keeping of non-permitted animals on property).
  • Noise: Stationary noise from heat pumps, air conditioners, etc. Note: Construction noise violations are enforced by the Bellevue Police Department.
  • Nuisances: Appliances, debris and junk on private property.
  • Recreational Vehicles, Boats, Trailers: Violations of storage restrictions on residential property.
  • Signs: All signs must be approved by the Development Services Department. Temporary and A-board signs are permitted only in special circumstances for a limited period of time. Sign violations are subject to a mandatory monetary penalty.

Mediation can be a good alternative to conflicts with neighbors over code violations.

Contact Information

Code Compliance
450 110th Ave. NE
P.O. Box 90012
Bellevue, WA 98009
Phone: 425-452-4570
E-mail: Codecompliance@bellevuewa.gov
Business Hours: 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.

Customer Assistance