Popular Pages How Do I... Apply Check Status Find Get Involved Pay Report Request See About Bellevue City Profile Economic
Human Services Neighborhoods Planning Initiatives Accessibility City Hall Emergency City Government Departments Public Safety Publications Services A-Z
Available Languages

Requests for Police Public Records and Concealed Pistol Licenses

The Police Department makes records available upon request through the Police Records Department or the Police Public Records Officer.

For records including incident reports, civil redress reports, collision reports and case reports for citizenship, please download and fill out a police records request. Submit to the Police Department by mail or in person (contact information in the right column of this page). The fee schedule indicates the cost of obtaining copies of police records. The police also provide fingerprinting services, clearance letters and concealed pistol licenses.

If you wish to request public records from other city departments, see the separate request page.

  • Police incident reports

  • Collision/Accident reports: If a reported collision causes more than $700 damage to either vehicle or other property, or there has been an injury, an officer will file a collision report. Traffic enforcement Frequently Asked Questions

  • Fingerprinting: For individuals applying for concealed pistol licenses and firearm dealer licenses. Also available to Bellevue residents in conjunction with the Adam Walsh Child Protection and Safety Act. Other fingerprinting requests are referred to local businesses and/or outside agencies.

  • Clearance letters: Picture identification is required and the fee is $10. A record check is completed of the local data base for the previous five-year period. This check does not include fingerprint files or juvenile records. For a statewide criminal history check, please contact the State Patrol’s WATCH program. Any challenges to the accuracy or completeness of criminal history information contained in Bellevue Police records must be made in writing, clearly identifying the information you feel is inaccurate or incomplete. A records supervisor will contact you to make an appointment to review the record in question. 

  • Concealed pistol licenses: Applicants must be at least 21 years old, citizens of the United States and residents of Bellevue. Applicants must show picture identification and proof of residency in Bellevue. Fingerprints must be taken for newapplications.
    • New: A non-refundable fee of $55.25 is collected at the time of application. Once the license is approved, it will be mailed directly to the applicant. Allow 30 days for processing. A concealed pistol license is valid for five years from the date of issue.
    • Renewal: You can renew your license 90 days before expiration and up to 90 days after expiration. A fee of $32 is charged up to the date of expiration. After expiration, and up to 90 days later, the fee is $42. Once 90 days past expiration, it will be necessary to apply for a new license. 
    • Replacement: Licenses can be replaced if they are lost or the owner has a name or address change. The cost for a replacement is $10. If you have a Washington state drivers license, you are required by law to notify the Department of Licensing within 10 days of moving. The address on file with the Department of Licensing must be your residential address, even if you use a post office box or alternate mailing address.

  • Firearms dealer licenses: Please make the $125 check or money order payable to the Washington State Treasurer.

NORCOM, which dispatches for the Bellevue police and fire departments, can provide records of 911 calls. NORCOM

Contact Information

450 110th Ave. NE
P.O. Box 90012
Bellevue, WA 98009
Contact: Police Public Records Officer
Phone: 425-452-6917
Fax: 425-452-6110
E-mail: records@bellevuewa.gov

Related Links