Popular Pages How Do I... Apply Check Status Find Get Involved Pay Report Request See About Bellevue City Profile Economic
Human Services Neighborhoods Planning Initiatives Accessibility City Hall Emergency City Government Departments Public Safety Publications Services A-Z
Available Languages

Police Public Records Requests

The Police Records Unit is open Monday through Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.

The Police Department makes records available upon request through the Police Records Unit or the Police Public Records Officer. Requests may be made in person, by phone, mail, or email at BPDrecords@bellevuewa.gov . To request a police incident/case report, certified case report for citizenship or other records, please download and complete a police records request. Submit your request to the Police Records Department. The fee schedule  indicates the cost of obtaining copies of police records.

In accordance with RCW 42.56.520, the Department has five business days to respond to a records request and will 1) provide the record; or 2) ask for clarification; or 3) acknowledge receipt of the request and estimate the time required to complete it; or 4) deny the request and provide the specific reason (RCW) it is being withheld; or 5) provide an Internet address and link to the specific records requested.

  • Police incident/case reports: A report of a property, vehicle or other criminal incident.

  • Collision/Accident Report Forms:  A collision that causes more than $700 damage to either vehicle or other property, or there has been an injury, should be reported to law enforcement.  You may download a copy of Washington State Patrol accident report form External Web Link and general information is provided in the Collision Records section External Web Linkfrom their website.  Traffic enforcement Frequently Asked Questions.
  • Copy of a Collision Report

    Traffic accident reports (cases written since August 1, 2011) may now be obtained through an online service called Docview at http://www.docview.us/ .  Docview is an Internet based application that was developed to help law enforcement agencies and insurance companies manage and access traffic accident reports in a more efficient manner.  Companies and citizens can download and print a copy of the report without having to contact the police department in which the collision occurred.  Requestors benefit from the easy access to reports 24 hours a day, seven days a week. You will need to enter the name of the agency that investigated the collision, the date of the incident and the case number.  Please note that fees for copies may apply.  If you do not have access to the Internet, you may request a report through the other channels referenced above.

  • Criminal History Records:  For a statewide criminal history check, please contact the State Patrol’s WATCH programExternal Web Link. Any challenges to the accuracy or completeness of criminal history information contained in Bellevue Police records must be made in writing, clearly identifying any inaccurate or incomplete information.  A records supervisor will contact you to make an appointment to review the record in question.

Please note, if you wish to request public records from other city departments (other than police), see the separate request page.

The North East King County Regional Public Safety Communication Agency, NORCOMExternal Web Linkdispatches for the Bellevue police and fire departments and is responsible for the release of 911 calls/tapes.

Police Home

Contact Information

Police Reports
450 110th Ave. NE
P.O. Box 90012
Bellevue, WA 98009
Phone: 425-452-6917
Fax: 425-452-6110
E-mail: BPDrecords@bellevuewa.gov

Customer Assistance

Related Links