Police Chief Recruitment
The City of Bellevue is in the midst of a national search for a new police chief to lead a force that has consistently helped make Bellevue one of the safest cities in the country. City Manager Brad Miyake will appoint the new chief.
The Mercer Group is the executive search firm assisting the city in hiring the next police chief. Input from staff, residents, local businesses and other stakeholders has been solicited as the city considers the qualities the new police chief ideally will possess. Internal and external stakeholder meetings have been held and additional input opportunities are listed below. During the recruitment process, Jim Montgomery, former Bellevue police chief, is serving as interim chief.
Your input will help to make this recruitment successful and there are a number of ways you can provide input: community meetings; a survey; emailing your input directly to COBPoliceChiefRecruitment@bellevuewa.gov or anonymously.
The survey and facilitated discussions at meetings are focused on the following questions:
- What are the most important issues/priorities that you would like the new police chief to address?
- What experience and track record should the new police chief have?
- What are some of the characteristics about Bellevue that will help attract the best candidates to our city?
- What skills and characteristics are the most critical for a new police chief to succeed in Bellevue?
- Is there anything else you would like the city to consider when selecting the new police chief?
| Thursday, July 17 (various community organizations)
|| 6-7:30 p.m.
|| City Hall (1E - 112)
| Tuesday, July 22 (various community organizations and public)
|| 6-7:30 p.m.
|| City Hall (1E - 108)
|Thursday, October 23 (Public Reception to meet the candidates)
||City Hall (1E -112)
The meetings will be accessible to people with disabilities. Anyone needing special assistance may contact City Hall during business hours, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., at 425-452-6800, or by email at ServiceFirst@bellevuewa.gov.
| Stakeholder and Community Meetings
|| June - July
| Open Application Period
|| Aug. 11-Sept. 8
| Screening Process of Applicants
|| September - November
|| November - December