With local human service providers reporting a dramatic increase in requests for food assistance, community donations are needed more than ever. The Bellevue Parks and Community Services Department is hosting its annual food drive through Dec. 15.
Nearly 20 percent of children in the Bellevue School District qualify for free and reduced-cost meal assistance. Currently, many of the people served by local food banks are among the working poor, with 62 percent reporting a steady source of income.
Contributions will go to food assistance programs serving Bellevue residents. Donated food will be sorted and distributed by volunteers at the Crossroads Community Center.
Non-perishable food will be collected at the following sites:
- City Hall, 450 110th Ave. NE
- Crossroads Mini City Hall, 15600 NE Eighth St.
- Bellevue Aquatic Center, 601 143rd Ave. NE
- Bellevue Botanical Garden, 12001 Main St.
- Bellevue Golf Course, 5450 140th Ave. NE
- Bellevue Youth Theatre, 16661 Northup Way
- Crossroads Community Center, 16000 NE 10th St.
- Highland Community Center, 14224 Bel-Red Rd.
- Kelsey Creek Farm Park, 410-130th Pl. SE
- North Bellevue Community Center, 4063 148th Ave. NE
- Northwest Arts Center, 9825 NE 24th St.
- Parks Resource Management, 16023 NE Eighth St.
- Robinswood Tennis Center, 2400 151st Pl. SE
- South Bellevue Community Center, 14509 SE Newport Way
The city has also been collecting toys to give to families in need at its annual holiday party in December. Toy drive
Return to News Release Index