Bellevue's extensive and varied park system is the result of long-term vision and planning. The city's Parks and Open Space System Plan ensures that the city's parks continue to meet citizen needs and wishes.
The Parks & Community Services Department's Planning, Design and Project Management group works to make the plan a reality by:
- Planning, design and construction of park facilities;
- Review of proposed city and private development projects for their impact on the park system;
- Applying for and managing grants for capital projects;
- Creation/update of comprehensive planning documents;
- Special project analyses.