Human Services Commission
The Human Services Commission advises the City Council concerning human services planning and funding. To do so, the commission must:
- Review all requests for funding of human services;
- Develop recommendations on priorities for the allocation of city resources to meet identified needs;
- Pursue regional cooperation in the planning, funding and delivery of human services;
- Conduct studies and make recommendations concerning emerging human services issues and concerns; and
- Comment on city actions that may affect the availability of human services in Bellevue.
The commission is charged with representing the diversity of the community and provides the public with opportunities to be involved in commission activities.
Members: The commission is composed of seven Bellevue residents with one ex-officio member from the Bellevue Police Department. Commissioners are appointed by the Mayor with council approval, and serve four-year terms. The ex-officio member is appointed by the City Manager.
- John Bruels, Chairperson - term ends 5-31-2013
- Michael Yantis, Vice-Chairperson - term ends 5-31-2014
- Stefanie Beighle - term ends 5-31-2015*
- James McEachran - term ends 5-31-15
- Olga Perelman - term ends 5-31-15
- Dr. Brian Plaskon - term ends 5-31-2015*
- Janet Stout - term ends 5-31-2014
- Maj. Michael Johnson, Ex-Officio
* Denotes commissioner serving second term.
Meetings: First and third Tuesday of each month; 6:30 - 8:30 p.m.; Council Conference Room, City Hall