Strategic Target Area: Achieving Human Potential
Bellevue is a caring community where all residents enjoy a high quality of life. People from around the world are welcomed by people from around the corner. People in Bellevue know that they are an important part of their community.
Our residents feel connected to each other and invested in their community. People connect to each other through a variety of organizations.
Bellevue is an intellectual community that values education. We have an array of excellent educational opportunities for life-long learning, from one of the nation’s best K-12 school districts to a variety of secondary and higher educational opportunities including technical and trades education, college and graduate programs at a top international research university.
We enjoy access to high-level medical services that attract top providers from around the region. We serve our entire community regardless of address, ethnicity, age or capability.
Council’s Two-Year Priorities for Achieving Human Potential
- Build on the higher education opportunities in Bellevue and find ways to expand them
- Leverage the opportunity that GIX brings.
- Support Bellevue College in its effort to establish more baccalaureate degrees
- Support Bellevue College in its efforts to develop student housing
- Implement the Diversity Plan and bring forward a concept for a multi-cultural center to the Council for consideration for inclusion in the 2017/2018 budget.
- Bring a budget proposal forward to support Eastside Pathways and a plan for further partnership opportunities to achieve their goals.
- Working with regional partners, establish an eastside permanent winter homeless shelter to be ready for the winter of 2018/2019.