Forest Drive Streetscape
Receive email or text notification when this page is updated
The city has recognized opportunities to improve the appearance and functionality of Forest Drive. This presents an opportunity to design Forest Drive with a consistent theme that can be implemented into the future as opportunities arise.
Please contact Melissa Brown at 425-452-4100 or MLBrown@bellevuewa.gov if you have feedback or would like to meet with city staff regarding Forest Drive projects.
The goals of the Forest Drive design process are to:
- Identify and address streetscape and forest management issues and inequities in the public right of way.
- Prioritize early implementation of landscape projects.
- Develop a tool kit for Neighborhood Enhancement and Neighborhood Match projects.
- Provide a design vision for future streetscape improvement projects along Forest Drive. This will also be useful in guiding landscape enhancements by identifying opportunities and constraints.
The Forest Drive Streetscape planning process does not encompass traffic issues or private property matters.
For help in understanding the character of Forest Drive and how project implementation may proceed into the future, the city contracted with JGM Landscape Architects to provide a conceptual design of Forest Drive based on the current usage, opportunities and constraints. This design recognized several existing conditions (listed below) and provided suggestions on how these areas may be improved.
- Mixed woodlands
- Neighborhood gateways
- Storm swale/path
- Ornamental plantings
- Curb, gutter and sidewalk
- Portal markers
JGM used the above conditions to create a draft conceptual design for the future of Forest Drive.