BELLEVUE -- Weather reports indicate the possibility of early morning snow Friday, with about one inch of slushy snow expected and up to two inches above 1,000 feet of elevation.
Utilities will have snowplows and sanders on 24-hour standby. See Bellevue’s snow routes map.
Garbage may not be picked up in bad weather
Allied Waste trucks generally do not run if snow or ice prevent safe collection on neighborhood streets. If your garbage, recycling or yard debris are not collected, take materials back inside. A double load of garbage, recycling and yard debris will be collected at no additional charge on the next regularly scheduled collection day (a week later).
Excess materials due to missed collection can be put in a temporary container, such as a box or paper bag marked "Garbage," "Recycling" or "Yard Debris." If you have questions concerning your collection, call Allied Waste's customer service at 425-452-4762.
Tips to follow when the temperature drops:
- If you have a life-threatening situation, call 911.
- To report hazardous road conditions, down or damaged stop or yield signs, please call City of Bellevue Utilities 24-hour emergency number 425-452-7840.
- To report gas leaks, power outages, and down power lines, please call Puget Sound Energy at 1-888-225-5773.
- If you use a grill or hibachi to cook or a backup generator, keep them outside with the back up generator. They can produce deadly carbon monoxide.
- To report a water main break at your home or business, lack of water, hazardous road conditions, down or damaged stop or yield signs, please call City of Bellevue Utilities 24-hour emergency number 425-452-7840.
Return to News Release Index