Compensation and Benefits
The City of Bellevue makes pay ranges for all positions publicly available. The link below will take you to an alphabetical listing of job classifications. If you want to see a job description, click on the job title.
Current Pay Ranges and Job Descriptions effective January 1, 2013, unless noted otherwise.
Pay ranges highlighted in light red are 2012 rates which remain in effect pending labor contract settlements.
2012 Pay Ranges
Eligible employees receive the following benefits:
- Medical, dental, vision, life, survivor and long-term disability insurance plans offered in a modular choice package.
- Paid vacation and sick leave, provided on an accrual basis.
- 10 paid holidays and two personal holidays a year.
- Three retirement savings programs available:*
- Depending on eligibility, mandatory participation in the Washington Department of Retirement Systems (PERS, LEOFF or PSERS).
- Optional participation in the City of Bellevue Employees' Retirement and Benefit Plan, also known as Municipal Employee's Benefit Trust (MEBT), a 401(k) retirement savings plan with employer contributions that vest on a 10-year schedule. (Detailed Plan information)
- Optional participation in the City of Bellevue Section 457 Deferred Compensation Plan, allowing tax-deferred savings and direction of investments into mutual fund investment options through Great West Financial.
*The City of Bellevue does not participate in Social Security. As such, employees do not contribute to, nor do they earn Social Security credit while employed with the city. The mandatory state retirement plans provide the required Social Security replacement for employees. Any Social Security benefits earned at other places of employment may be reduced because they are subject to the Windfall Elimination Provision and the Government Pension Offset.