Blog Comment Guidelines
Your comments to Bellevue blogs are welcome. These blogs, with comments, are limited public forums, and city staff will moderate comments to assure that they comply with the guidelines below. If a comment does not, it will not be posted. All comments, whether posted are not, will become public records.
Staff will make its best effort to promptly post comments during regular business hours Monday through Friday.
- Commenters must provide valid contact information, including name, zip code and e-mail address.
- Under provisions of the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), children under the age of 13 must have signed written permission from a parent or guardian to post comments or participate in a discussion.
- Comments must be directly related to the subject matter of the article.
- Comments containing any of the following will not be posted:
- Vulgar, obscene, offensive, threatening or harassing language;
- Promotion, fostering or perpetuation of discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, national origin, physical or mental disability or sexual orientation;
- Defamatory, potentially libelous statements or statements that include false claims;
- Comments determined to be in violation of federal, state or local laws;
- Sexual content or links to sexual content;
- Promotion or advertising any business or other commercial purpose;
- Promoting or opposing any ballot proposition and/or any person campaigning for election to political office;
- Content for conducting or encouraging illegal activity;
- Information compromising the safety or security of the public or public systems;
- Violation of a legal ownership interest of any other party
The comments and opinions posted here by commenters to this blog do not reflect the opinions of the city, its employees or its elected officials. The city does not control or warrant the accuracy or reliability of any information contained in submitted comments.
Comments on blogs do not constitute legal or official notice or comment to the City of Bellevue or any of its officials or employees for any purpose. Readers who wish to request public records must submit a public records request.
This policy is subject to amendment or modification at any time to ensure its use is consistent with its intended purpose as a limited forum.
By commenting, you agree to be bound by the commenting guidelines presented here.