The City Council on Oct. 1 referred the plan drafted by the Bel-Red Steering Committee to the boards and commissions for implementation. They will recommend new Comprehensive Plan policies and land use code regulations.
Council appointed the Bel-Red Steering Committee, made up of former City Council members and members of the Planning Commission, Transportation Commission and Parks Board, as well as representatives from the surrounding community, to oversee the planning effort, guide staff and consultants and develop recommendations.
Tools and Products
A number of tools have been used to promote interest and provide opportunities for engagement throughout the duration of this project:
- Business and property owner panels
- Community Club and Neighborhood Association presentations
- Open Houses and Public Meetings
- Bel-Red Corridor Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Bel-Red Corridor Bellevue TV project videos
- Articles in It's Your City newsletter.
- Media releases