Senior Culminating Project Volunteer
||Job site: City Parks|
|Length of commitment:Varies
||Reports to: Alexandra DySard|
|Work environment: Outdoors/Indoors
||State Patrol check required: Yes|
For this position, high-school students from Bellevue perform a variety of tasks for the Parks & Community Services Department's Natural Resources division. A strong interest in wildlife, native plants, ecology, natural resource management and environmental education is desired from candidates.
- Create a natural resource brochure or pamphlet for use in the three major visitor centers.
- Lead environmental education programs and natural resource tours at various City parks and visitor centers.
- Assist in the maintenance of critical areas and restoration projects through the City.
- Monitor species survival rates at former restoration sites
- Volunteer with Natural Resource programs and events.
- Help lead Stewardship Saturday community projects.
For more information, please call Alexandra DySard at 425-452-4195 or Parks_Stewardship@Bellevuewa.gov .
The City of Bellevue provides volunteer opportunities without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, marital status, sexual preference and/or disability.