Youth Sports & Fitness C.I.T.
|Days: Monday - Friday
||Department: Parks & Community Services|
|Season: Summer 2012
||Job site: Crossroads Community Center & Hidden Valley Sports Field|
||Reports to: Heather Christoff: 425-452-4627 (office) 206-852-1020 (cell)|
|Work environment: Active
||State Patrol check required: Yes|
Youth Sports & Fitness C.I.T. (Counselor in Training) program, is pleased to announce volunteer opportunities in our Youth Sports Summer Day Camp and Mini Sports Stars Summer Day Camp for Summer 2011. The goal of Youth Sports & Fitness programs is to provide quality programming with responsible leaders so youth have the opportunity to grow and learn. We are a program in which opportunity for participation is provided to all those who enter, regardless of skill and ability. We wish to provide youth with a fun learning experience and the opportunity to develop lifetime sports and fitness skills.
Coach 4-6 year olds (Mini Sports Stars Summer Day Camp) and 7-12 year olds (Youth Sports Summer Day Camp) in a variety of activities based on weekly theme.
• Assist coaches in set up and take down of activities
• Participate in activities with youth
• Teach basic fundamentals in given sport
• Communicate with camp director and on-site staff
Basic knowledge of sports and willing to learn new and fun activities to teach to youth is desired. Applicants must be reliable, trustworthy and willing to put forth a good effort at all times.
• Appropriate/comfortable clothing
• Tennis shoes required (sandals OK if attending field trip to beach)
• Bring a snack, lunch and water bottle everyday
• Swimsuits OK if attending field trip to beach, BUT chest and torso much be covered with t-shirt.
• Please contact Heather Christoff or camp director, if you will be late or absent.
Complete volunteer application, Washington State Patrol check, volunteer waiver and return the documents to the address below:
City of Bellevue
Attn: Heather Christoff
PO BOX 90012
Bellevue, WA 98009-9012
1. Application paperwork is reviewed and processed.
2. Candidates not selected will be notified.
3. Applicants selected for volunteer position will be notified via email.
4. Selected applicants will receive on-site training and are required to keep a daily record of volunteer hours.
Bellevue provides volunteer opportunities without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, marital status, sexual preference and/or disability.