A special committee set up to study various tolling plans to raise money for construction and maintenance for the State Route 520 Bridge will host an open house in Bellevue, one of six scheduled events.
The 520 Tolling Implementation Committee, named earlier this year by the state Legislature, will meet 5 to 7:30 p.m., Wednesday, Aug. 6, in City Hall, 450 110th Ave. N.E.
The purpose of this and the other open houses is to gather feedback on the scenarios, which could also impact Interstate 90, SR 522 and other major roadways in the area. On July 23, the Committee announced four possible tolling scenarios, and discussed the possible revenue that each scenario could raise to rebuild and maintain the 520 bridge.
The other open houses, all from 5 to 7:30 p.m. with a presentation scheduled at 6 p.m., are:
- Tuesday, July 29, in Bothell at UW Bothell North Creek Events Center, 18115 Campus Way NE;
- Thursday, July 31, in Renton at the Spirit of Washington Events Center, 233 Burnett Ave. S.;
- Tuesday, Aug. 5, in Seattle at the Naval Reserve Building at South Lake Union, 860 Terry Ave. N.;
- Thursday, Aug. 7, in Kirkland at the Kirkland Performance Center, 350 Kirkland Ave.; and
- Wednesday, Aug. 13, in Mercer Island at the Community Center at Mercer View, 2040 84th Ave. S.E.
For more information, including the scenario results presented at the July 23 meeting, visit the Tolling Implementation Committee website.
Return to News Release Index