Several downtown streets will be closed this weekend to accommodate Bellevue's annual arts fairs. Northwest arts and crafts are celebrated at three events -- the Bellevue Arts Museum ARTSfair, the 6th Street Fair and the Bellevue Festival of Arts, collectively drawing more than 300,000 people each year. video
BAM ARTSfair: 510 Bellevue Way NE, Friday and Saturday, 9:30 a.m.-9:30 p.m.; Sunday, 9:30 a.m.-6 p.m.
6th Street Fair: Northeast Sixth Street and 106th Ave., Friday and Saturday, 10 a.m.-8 p.m., and Sunday, 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
Bellevue Festival of the Arts: Cost Plus World Market parking lot (10300 Northeast Eighth St.), Friday and Saturday, 10 a.m.-8 p.m., and Sunday, 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
The BAM ARTSfair will feature original work from more than 300 artists showing and selling paintings, sculptures and fashion and jewelry. The 6th Street Fair will feature the original work of 130 artists in an open-air showcase of sculpture, jewelry, home décor, wood and glass work, fabrics and more. Now in its 30th year, the Bellevue Festival of the Arts showcases the work of 200 juried artisans, musicians and craftspeople.
To accommodate visitors, expect the following closures. Businesses will be open and accessible.
- 100th Avenue Northeast will be closed southbound from Northeast Eighth Street to Northeast 10th Street (Thursday, July 24, 6:30 a.m. - 9 p.m.; and Sunday, July 27, 5:30 p.m. - 10 p.m.);
- Northeast 10th Street will be closed westbound between 108th and 106th avenues. (Thursday, July 24, 5 - 10 p.m.);
- 106th Avenue Northeast will be closed in both directions between Northeast Fourth and Northeast Sixth streets (Thursday, at 6 p.m. until Sunday, at 11 p.m.);
- Northeast Sixth Street will be closed in both directions from Bellevue Way to 106th Avenue Northeast (6 p.m., Thursday, until 11 p.m., Sunday); and
- 102nd Avenue Northeast will be closed in both directions between Northeast Eighth and Northeast 10th streets (7 a.m., Friday, until 11 p.m., Sunday).
To avoid sitting in traffic and to use alternative modes of transportation, check out Choose Your Way Bellevue. For more details about taking the bus, please visit Metro Transit and enter your preferred route number in the "Get a Timetable" box. For Sound Transit routes (535, 550 and 560) visit Sound Transit.
Paid parking is also affordable and convenient, with price varying by location, and available in many of Bellevue's downtown buildings.
Return to News Release Index