To make way for Bellevue's arts and crafts fairs coming up this weekend, a few downtown streets will be closed Thursday evening through Sunday.
As in past years, three events -- the Bellevue Arts Museum ARTSfair, the 6th Street Fair and the Bellevue Festival of Arts -- come together to bring attention to Northwestern arts and crafts, food and drink, and culture and entertainment. More than 300,000 people usually attend.
The BAM ARTSfair, at Bellevue Square, Friday and Saturday, 9:30 a.m. - 9:30 p.m., and Sunday, 9:30 a.m. - 6 p.m., will feature original work from over 300 juried artists showing and selling art of glass, fiber, wood, metalwork, painting, photography, ceramics and more.
The 6th Street Fair at the Bellevue Galleria, Friday and Saturday, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m., and Sunday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., will feature the work of more than 300 artists in an open-air showcase of sculpture, jewelry, home décor, wood and glass work, fabrics and more. Jazz, blues and rock musicians will perform on the stage.
The Bellevue Festival of the Arts in the Cost Plus World Market parking lot (10300 NE Eighth St.), Friday and Saturday, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m., and Sunday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., showcases the work of 200 artisans, musicians and craftspeople.
To accommodate visitors:
- 100th Avenue Northeast will be closed southbound from Northeast Eighth Street to Northeast 10th Street (Thursday, July 25, 6:30 a.m. - 9 p.m.; and Sunday, July 28, 5:30 p.m. - 10 p.m.);
- Northeast 10th Street will be closed westbound between 108th and 106th avenues. (Thursday, July 25, 5 - 10 p.m.);
- 106th Avenue Northeast will be closed in both directions between Northeast Fourth and Northeast Sixth streets (Thursday, at 6 p.m. until Sunday, at 11 p.m.);
- Northeast Sixth Street will be closed in both directions from Bellevue Way to 106th Avenue Northeast (6 p.m., Thursday, until 11 p.m., Sunday); and
- 102nd Avenue Northeast will be closed in both directions between Northeast Eighth and Northeast 10th streets (7 a.m., Friday, until 11 p.m., Sunday).
To avoid sitting in traffic and to use alternative modes of transportation, check out Choose Your Way Bellevue. For more details about taking the bus, please visit Metro Transit and enter your preferred route number in the "Get a Timetable" box. For Sound Transit routes (535, 550 and 560) visit Sound Transit. Paid parking is also affordable and convenient, with price varying by location, and available in many of Bellevue's downtown buildings.
Return to News Release Index