According to the 2010 census, about 19 percent of the U.S. population have a disability. To provide information about resources and programs for children with disabilities, the city and the Bellevue Special Needs PTA will host a community resource fair on Saturday, May 18, 10 a.m.-1 p.m. at the Highland Community Center, 14224 Bel-Red. Rd.
The event is free and will promote awareness about special programs and activities provided by local agencies to Eastside families with children living with disabilities. The event is presented in cooperation with the Issaquah Special Needs Group and Highline Special Needs PTSA. Participating organizations include:
• The Arc of King County
• Bellevue College Disability Resource Center
• Bellevue Parks & Community Services Highland Community Center
• Bellevue Special Needs PTA
• Brandy Hofstad, MA, LMHC, CMHS
• Epilepsy Foundation Northwest
• Harmony Music Studio
• Informing Families Building Trust
• Multiple Sclerosis Association
• Music Works Northwest
• Stepping Stone Pediatrics
• Studio Mene Art Therapy & Counseling Services
For more information, visit www.bellevuespecialneedspta.com or call 425-452-7686.
Return to News Release Index