The Fire Department's annual open house will be on Saturday, Oct. 6, this year. Children who present home fire escape plans when they visit a station could get the opportunity to ride to school in a fire engine (video). Second prize will be dinner for six at a Bellevue fire station (parental supervision required).
All nine stations will be open for visitors from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. In addition to station tours, visitors will see water extinguisher demonstrations, a child safety trailer (with theatrical smoke) and stove fire displays. People will have the opportunity to try on firefighter "bunker" gear, meet the Bellevue Police SWAT officers and see their Bear Cat vehicle.
- Station One, 766 Bellevue Way SE
- Station Two, 2802 148th Ave. SE
- Station Three, 16100 NE Eighth St.
- Station Four, 4216 Factoria Blvd. SE
- Station Five, 9621 NE 24th St.
- Station Six, 1850 132nd Ave. NE
- Station Seven, 11900 SE Eighth St.
- Station Eight, 5701 Lakemont Blvd. SE
- Station Nine, 12412 Newcastle Way
Children ages 7 through 15 who live in and attend school in the Bellevue, Newcastle, Medina, Beaux Arts, Clyde Hill, Hunts Point or Yarrow Point can enter the drawing to get a very flashy ride to school.
Return to News Release Index